Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Six



After a chaotic weekend full of birthday goodness, our sunshine is officially six.



Six.
I remember, so clearly, the half birthday T and I had for her at six months. We just couldn't wait a whole year to celebrate her. A party hat, a few helium balloons and, of course, cake. Not that she got any back then.




Now six years.
Strong and smart, a touch of sass, and beautiful inside and out.
We are so lucky to have her.


I let her choose her cake from pictures we saw online. Of course she immediately gravitated to the one with giant swirly lollipops.
While I wasn't entirely thrilled with my first foray into fondant, ( It is so not as easy as they make it look on those TV cake shows! ) Anna couldn't have been happier with with what she named the Lollipop Garden Cake.


And now the growing continues. Grade one in the fall, gone from home all day. Learning to separate and stay connected all at once.

Anna will laugh and smile and blossom. And I will follow her lead and take it all in.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment