Monday, May 16, 2011

Pink and Pastry



The last few weeks have not been going according to plan around here.
I was going to watch the royal wedding with my best girl and bake scones. Instead? I held her and coaxed a fever down to acceptable levels.



Mother's Day? Well it was time for Mr. Jack and I to fall victims to the flu. Several days spent in a Tylenol induced fog.
Anna was most distressed. The girl loves nothing more than an excuse to celebrate and my lack of energy put a real damper on her plans for Mother's Day.



But like any good pint sized event co-ordinator she adapted and made me a constant stream of cheerful cards full of sunshines, flowers, bunnies and family portraits.



This weekend? Another party, my birthday. And while it was gray and dismal outside, inside we enjoyed being healthy over a pink breakfast full of my favourite pastries and fruit.



And later? An afternoon spent baking a giant cupcake to be enjoyed after dinner.



But, honestly, all this is just a dress rehearsal for the real party in two weeks.

Miss Anna is turning six and preparations need to be underway, according to her anyways.

Pinata, paper chains, candy, cake designs, games, goody bags and invitations
The girl is in her element. Perhaps I should hire her out...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment