Monday, February 21, 2011

Jack's Birthday

I have been sitting on this post for a while. Partly holidays, partly not knowing what to say.
Yes we had birthdays with all the trimmings.
A visit from Nana, R2D2 cake and presents on the day.
The kids party with all his preschool friends, rockin' Star Wars cupcakes and a Darth Vader pinata.
What I haven't been able to articulate is how this growing up nonsense is bothering me.
My baby isn't vaguely near babyhood anymore, if anything he is on the downhill slide into full blown boyhood. Preschool is going by at light speed.
I don't like it.
I tell him to stop growing, but he laughs and declares he will be taller than me.

But in the quiet, tired moments I pull him onto my lap and he cuddles in close. I kiss his head and remember my buddha baby of four years ago.
No matter how big he grows, he will always fit in his mama's heart.
And I have to be content to keep my baby there as my big boy takes on the galaxy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment