Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baked Doughnuts



I have resisted the urge to buy a deep fryer for a very long time, because well, I'd just want to fry everything. So when I came across this recipe for baked doughnuts on Pinterest, my curiosity was piqued. Then when I realized it was a recipe from Helene at Tartelette, it bumped everything off my to-do list this morning.



Helene does the most beautiful food photography and styling, I can't wait to get my hands on her new book "Plate to Pixel".
These raised yeast doughnuts are like a cross between cinnamon bread and doughnut. A bit more substantial with a hint of nutmeg under the cinnamon and, oh so good when warm.



The littles loved the doughnut holes and proclaimed them to be "even better than Timbits".
Give them a whirl, you won't regret it, especially since they're baked. That makes them practically healthy, right?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment